February 25, 2015

Social Visits

Today's a day of social visits for SW1101E! 
(SINDA Family Service Centre & Samaritans of Singapore)

Initially I was pretty upset about having to go alone, and the idea of possibly travelling/eating alone while on the way to my 2nd destination really deterred me (I already packed myself an apple and an orange in fear of having to eat alone). But hold and behold, I met two really nice people (Loy & Denise) whom I travelled and ate with (yay)! 

After our visit at SINDA FSC, we walked around the area in search for food before heading to SOS. I blurted out 'Chye Seng Huat Hardware' cause it was just on the google maps and off we went! It felt really cool being so spontaneous in pretending to be a bunch of hipsters while chatting casually with my newfound friends.

Earl grey cheesecake topped with lemon curd ($6) and Passionfruit tart ($7).

My stomach wasn't rumbling, so the words 'Earl Grey' displayed in the counter won me over. I can't help it, it was just screaming 'eat me eat me'. I dropped the idea of ordering that Italian breakfast and went ahead with these two desserts for lunch. Lunch wasn't awkward at all, and it felt as if I've known them for a long time.

Wheeeeeee love such spontaneity!

No comments: